Friday, May 25, 2012

Through Angel Eyes




When starting a blog about angels one anticipates that they will bear witness to all sorts of magical moments. This may be true. But just now I think I got some angel energy or JuJu working on me, trying to alter my interior.
Always in a hurry more by nature than necessity I was aware of the elder man as he meandering toward the library. He was ambling through rows of parked cars as if they were a scenic garden.
He is headed just next to my car and his gait seems timed so that he will obstruct my exit from car. If I am not hasty I will have to wait an extra twenty seconds for him to pass, Hot, hurried I create a sporting event. I will beat him. I will stop him in his path. In my mind I will win the ring from the Bowl Game if I succeed in getting out and blocking him before he gets next to my car..
He wins. He wins like a Nobel peace prizewinner. Noticing me and my intention of exiting, he defers to me. He stands there all gentlemanly like he is my date ready to help me out of the car and waits to shut the door behind me. He smiles.
Derailed, I stop and thank him for his chivalrous ways. He tells me that this is how his mother raised him. Long ago, near eighty years ago this man still recalls his momma’s voice and how it extolled to be him of the virtuous and polite.
He tells me that he likes to read mysteries and is here at the library to replenish his supply. Just an ordinary day yet…
He is my mystery angel of the day, putting me on point. You cannot seek angels if you do not act like one.




No comments:

Post a Comment